2009-11-05

A Letter to The Leafs Marketing Guys (NSFW)

NSFW Jiri Tlusty sez:
May contain NSFW Language, mmkay?


Dear Leafs Marketing People,

I (and the entire Barilkosphere) have a problem with this "Canada's Team" song:



This song is just plain fucking terrible. Seriously, it's a fucking failure of an anthem for the Leafs. It's arrogant, condescending, obnoxious, and leaves a terrible impression of Leafs Nation towards everyone. I am a Leafs fan, but we are not Canada's team. That's reserved for Team Canada. (Suck it, "Canadiens" and "Canucks" fans) Seriously, this shitty-ass song sucks so much ass. I don't need to fucking hear it at every Leaf game on Sportsnet or LeafsTV, it just make those tough losses even more shittier when I have to hear this assault on my fucking ear-drums. Whenever I hear "OH-WHOA-OH THIS IS CANADA'S SONG....", it makes me want to grab the goddamn mute button. (Better yet, a hammer, saves the trouble of tuning into crappy games)

On behalf of Leafs Nation, and the Barilkosphere. Get rid of this damn song. Right. Fucking. Now. Seriously. Comprende, MLSE Marketing People? KTHXBye.

Regards,

Kavel Pubina

8 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. This song is exactly why other teams hate us so much. PLEASE get rid of it!!

    Lyrics like "this is Canada's song... this is Canada's team" make us look like smug assholes. It instills no pride in me as a Leafs fan or a Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i was the marketing guy, i'd make an epic video involving all 14 minutes of Between the Buried and Me's White Walls. The best team deserves the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the douchiest song I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know a single Leaf fan who likes this song. It's awful and just reinforces the worse stereotypes about our fans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kavel, you're 100% correct man. Seriously, I liked Glass Tiger 20 years ago. Please put them out to pasture already!

    Sergei Puckizin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Andrew
    The song does make Leafs Nation look like arrogant douchebags, and basically makes the other fans' observations on us quite true. And yes, the song brings feelings of rage, rather than pride.

    @Space Weed
    I dunno what song you're alluding to, but I'm pretty sure it's better than "OH-WHOA-OH THIS IS CANADA'S SONG!"

    @Screaming Will
    I appreciate your comments, as does the entire Leafs Nation. This song sucks.

    @Anon
    Quite the douchiest and most arrogant song ever composed.

    @FiftyMissionCap
    Judging by the comments left here, and the anger on PPP's GDTs when it comes on, I'd say no-one.

    @Anon II/Sergei Puckizin
    I've never heard any of Glass Tiger's songs or anything, but I'm really, really certain that any of their past tunes are probably better than this song.

    ReplyDelete